While we work on the next generation of engineering simulations, we are happy to make the full version of AVDS available for download and use at no charge.
AVDS works with all of the Windows® operating systems from Windows 2000® through Windows 8®.
Note: Windows Vista® users must manually select compatibility mode, see Windows Vista® note below.
This version of AVDS is 18.104.22.168
AVDS requires a valid Key Code to operate. To obtain an AVDS key code select "Obtain AVDS Key Code" below and fill out the form. If permitted, a valid key code will be sent to the email address given. RasSimTech LTD retains the right to refuse any request.
AVDS requies a key code and keys are valid for one year.
Note 1: please allow up to 48 hours to process your request.
Note 2: keys will only be sent to countries approved by USA export regulations.
Download and Installation Instructions
1. Download the following files to a temporary directory on your machine:
2. Unzip all of the files into a temporary directory. The should result in three new directories with the following names:
"AVDS_setup", "terrain", and "Utilities"
3. Change to the directory "AVDS_setup" and run the program "SETUP.EXE". Follow the instructions for installing AVDS. Take note of the installation directory for use in the next step.
4. Copy the directory "terrain" from your temporary directory to the top-level AVDS directory that was installed on your machine. Overwrite the existing "terrain" directory. Note that the default installation location is "C:\Program Files\AVDS".
5. Copy the directory "Utilities" from your temporary directory to the top-level AVDS directory that was installed on your machine. Overwrite the existing "Utilities" directory. Note that the default installation location is "C:\Program Files\AVDS".
6. Obtain an AVDS Key Code, if you haven't already.
Notes for Microsoft® Windows Vista® users:
Windows Vista® service pack 1 must be installed.
AVDS should installed to a location where the user has permission to write. Otherwise, AVDS should be "run as an Administrator".
After installing AVDS:
change to the AVDS/bin directory
right-click on the file "AVDS.exe"
choose "properties" and click on the "Compatibility" tab.
check the box labeled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" in the compatibility mode section.
hit "Apply" and "OK"
Most AVDS functionality works in Windows Vista®, but there can be occasional problems.
MATLAB® 64-bit toolbox: (NOTE: this toolbox is under development)
The following link is for the AVDS-MATLAB® 64-bit toolbox. The shared memory, and playback functions operate correctly. The functions that require network packets do not work. The AVDS network packets are based on the variable sizes of a 32 bit operating system.